Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My type!

For the past month and a half, I have been developing a new relationship with an old lover: Food.
I have always loved food, and it always loved me back, but not in an unconditional way; Food has always threatened my physical and emotional well being, by making me dependent on it and afraid of it at the same time. If I wasn't exercising and watching every little spoonful I put in my mouth, I gained weight. That's it. No buts, no howevers.
So like so many other people in this world, I have become obsessed and depressed by something which I must do in order to live, and so life has turned into a daily battle.

A month and a half ago, I was introduced to a looney idea, that some random foods are good for me and act like a magic potion in my body, like good fuel, and some even more random foods act as a poison.
This is called " The blood-type diet ".
I actually can't prove anything of it, and as far as I am concerned, it could be one big bull, however, just out of curiosity, I started to follow it. (I am O+ and by that diet, I should eat some very specific lists of organic meats, fish ,veggies and fruits, and absolutely avoid wheat and dairy).

What happened was, that food and I are talking again. I have been eating what's (generally) is on my diet list, and food has been going through me, never leaving an unwanted ounce of residue in my fat cells.
I actually stopped fearing food. I started to believe in it and in its honesty with me, and I am feeling like a whole new woman.
I am about to go to Germany next week, the land of unbelievable baked goods,where I would blink and gain a kilo. But my darlings: I am not scared anymore! I will hold on to food's arm, and we will waltz through it all as a wholesome unit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home