Sunday, March 18, 2007

Il est doux

Yes, it IS nice to finally get a good, very good mention in my hometown paper. (And with a 5x7 photo in the printed addition!); People I haven't heard from in years, called my home phone to let me know, some sent Emails... I exist again!
In all seriousness though, I feel extremely privileged to have had the opportunity to sing this marvelous piece in that intimate setting at Weill hall. I would love to get some more chances to perform there regularly.
I simply love being able to see the eyes of my audience and know they can see mine. That means that our souls are not too far apart either.
I love to be able to play with colors and volume, and know that none was lost in the space between us. (or underneath someone's garbage bag of expectations that singing is about decibels).

3 Comments:

Blogger siobahnbahn said...

Ms. Shaham,

I hope it doesn't vex you that I am leaving this comment without knowing you personally, nor ever having heard you perform. I just wanted to extend a profound thanks for your grace to expose such a part of your life (singing and otherwise) to the public eye.

I am a singer in the process of getting my BM (baby degree, as I call it) and in times of frustration and extreme discouragement, I have read your postings. Knowing your consistent battle with the "everydays" as well as the grand luxury of singing onstage inspires me to trod ever forward.

Thank you for being a gentle and vigilant warden of our craft. Please keep writing!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Oooh thank YOU dear S. for your honest and kind comment!
And best of luck, courage and mostly joy with your singing! :)
Feel free to Email me (through my website) if you ever have any question or need advice/support! :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger siobahnbahn said...

Thank you!!! :)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home