Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No more a secret: work your magic my dear.

1) "ask for what you want for yourself. Be specific".
{ I want to be happy, healthy, I want to evolve. I want to have wholesome, true and happy relationships with everybody around me, and give to the world what I give best> I want to sing a gratifying role in at least 4 very good (very, very good!) opera productions a year , but no more than 8. Two or three different orchestral concerts with extremely musical conductors who can inspire us, and maybe a recital/ show/ recording or two, which involves a few different genres. oh, and a film}.

2)"Believe your wish is already granted. be grateful".
[thank you! thank you! thank you!!!...!]

3)"Visualize the end result".
[ ok: here's one tail of a random, satisfying evening at work, let's say a premiere of an ammmazing production, at the world's best opera house ( I have an idea where it might be):
The curtain has just come down. "Jose", a most passionate and gifted tenor, is helping me to get up on my feet and off we run to the wings. My dresser is there, giving me a kind hand helping to wipe the "blood" sweat and tears off my skin and hair. My heart is racing with excitement. I fix my costume a little more and take a big breath. I cheer the wonderful cast as they bow one by one until my Jose finishes his own triumphant one and behind me, I hear the stage manager: "go".
I wait a bit and gather my self.. Then I step out onto stage and at that moment the entire audience gets up on its feet with loud cheers. (a few red roses land at my feet). Under the bright lights I can only see the first few rows but I notice some teary faces, smiling at me. I bow, ( slightly teary my self), and stay bowing,( counting to 30, catch my breath), then straighten up, and blow a kiss to my beloved crowd with a smile I feel is almost too big for my face. ( God, I love them so much!). I blow a kiss to the fantastic orchestra too, and to all my truly amazing colleagues, crew; I feel gratitude and awe. I kiss the world. I collect my best conductor and director for a few last bows. We are all so happy. I get back to my dressing room. I am filled with great love. Everybody around me is. Even the grumpiest of critics can't deny this; we are moved, we are changed, and you know what; we are better.

4 Comments:

Blogger ACB said...

Make it so! Thank you for sharing this; I may borrow the idea and do a bit of my own "dream realizing."

All the best to you!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is typing "amen" allowed on this blog? :)

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If not "amen", may be "halevay"...
Best wishes for your dreams to fulfill

5:37 AM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Thank YOU all !!! :)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home